We‘d love the opportunity to talk to you about your innovative thin film research & prototype needs.
• May 12: Received an order for temperature dependence of photo-conductivity system to National Technology Laboratory, Cairo, Egypt.
• May 6: Received an order for Quantum Efficiency Measurement System, EQE 1100 from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India, a premier institute in Technology.
• April 27: Installed FLEX 1000, PECVD tool at Hainan University, China, they will be using the system to deposit thin films of nano-structured silicon, Graphene and silicon nitride.
• April 28: shipped a PEVCD system, FLEX 1000 (our latest low cost small foot print tool) to Guangdong Agribusiness Group, Guangzhou, China. Hainan University, China will be using the system to deposit thin films of nano-structured silicon, silicon dioxide and silicon nitride.
• March 31: shipped various targets, for example, precious metals, oxides, ceramics to The American University in Cairo, Egypt
• Installations around the world on tools sold in Years 2013 & 2014 completed and commissioned.
• Supplied materials, targets and engineering consulting to our customers in Turkey, China and USA.
• Supplied sputtering targets to National Institute of Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics, Romania
• ProtoFlex Corporation shipped a large inline tool to Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., India. The system is based on our FLEX 5000 Rapid Proto-Type Pilot Production Tool, it includes three PECVD chambers, one sputtering chamber, one isolation chamber and a load/unload chamber. This system will be used for the deposition of Amorphous Silicon and ITO thin films for Heterojunction Solar Cells research. It will be capable of processing multiple silicon wafer cells with the dimensions of 156 mm x 156 mm over a platen of size 24” x 24”.
• ProtoFlex Corporation shipped three tools to nao technology research center, University of Cairo, Egypt. Tools include, a Sputtering system (six magnetrons with in situ tilting and wafer temperature of 800⁰C), a Thermal Evaporation system (six thermal sources and wafer temperature of 800⁰C) based on the FLEX 2200 model and a Quantum Efficiency Measurement System, QEUNIS.
• ProtoFlex a PECVD system, based on the FLEX 1100, to the Sunrui Group, China. It is designed for depositing Diamond-Like Coating (DLC) films over an 8” wafer and includes wafer rotation at 800⁰C.
• ProtoFlex Corporation shipped a Multi-Chamber Cluster Tool incorporating three PEVCD deposition Chambers, two multi-sputtering process chambers, a load lock and a central robotic chamber, Model FLEX 3000 to Dalian Institute of Sciences, Dalian, China. This cluster tool will process substrtaes upto 8” in diameter.
• ProtoFlex Corporation is proud to announce the shipment of a Multi-Chamber Cluster Tool incorporating three PEVCD deposition Chambers, two multi-sputtering process chambers, a load lock and a central robotic chamber, Model FLEX 3000 to the NINGBO Institute of Material of Technology & Engineering located in Ningbo, China. This cluster tool will process substrtaes upto 4’ x 4” in area.
• Dr. Bhat participated in the 2012 International Conference on Solar Energy Photovoltaic in Bhubaneswar, India. He presented, “Manufacturing Thin Film Solar Modules - Limitations and Solutions”
• ProtoFlex participated in the 38th Annual IEEE conference and show in Austin, Texas. We displayed information on our newest equipment, the FLEX Series. Directly following the conference we began communication and resulted in contracts with our newest customers.
• Shipped a multi sputtering system, Model FLEX 2200 from IBM Watson Research Center located in New York, USA
• Shipped to Central Electronic Engineering Research Institute (CEERI), Pilani, Rajasthan, India, a PECVD System, Model FLEX 1100 for deposition of thin films of nano-structured silicon with in-situ doping, silicon dioxide, silicon nitride, and silicon oxy-nitride.
• Shipped a PEVCD Vacuum Chamber with a load lock, Model FLEX 1100 to NINGBO Institute of Material of Technology & Engineering located in Ningbo, China for deposition of thin films of nano-structured silicon with in-situ doping, silicon dioxide, silicon nitride, and silicon oxy-nitride.
• Supplied materials to Lockheed Martin, Colorado, USA
• Shipped QESIL System to Ampulse Inc., a research company locally located in Golden, CO. USA
• Shipped IV System, Model IV 400LSX to Ampulse Inc. Golden, CO. USA
• Shipped QE1100 System from Tekno-TIP Sistemler Ltd, Turkey.
• Shipped a Universal Sample Stage and QE1400 to the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
• Shipped a Vacuum Chamber to Ampluse Inc, USA.
• Shipped three products to Encore Solar Inc., California, USA. The Light Source Model LS400U, Sample Stage Model S400, and IV Tester Model IV400 were delivered.
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to Sierra Solar Power located in Freemont, California, USA.
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
• Shipped a QE1400 System to IBM Watson Research Center, New York, USA
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to Senergen Devices, California, USA
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to International Solar Electric Technology (ISET) Corporation, California, USA
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to Green Energy Technology Inc. located in Taipei, Taiwan.
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to DuPont Apollo Limited located in Tsimshatsui Kowloon, Hong Kong.
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to Tianjin Lantian Power Sources Co., Tianjin, China.
• Shipped a QE 1400 System to Helio Volt Corporation located in Austin, Texas, USA.
• Delivered sputtering targets to National Institute of Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics, Romania
• Protoflex shipped a multi-source thin film vacuum deposition chamber to Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) with sources and heaters to process cadmium telluride, cadmium sulphide and cadmium chloride thin films. This system will be used by PNNL’s Materials Chemistry and Surface Research Group, Richland; WA to conduct research on cadmium telluride-based solar cells.
• Shipped Quantum Efficiency Measurement System, Model QE 1400 and sputtering targets to National Institute of Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics, Romania for their CIGS thin film solar cells program.
• Shipped a roll to roll sputtering system (FLEX6000 series) to St. Jude Medical, Greenville, USA for research on medical electrodes. This tool is capable of producing metal films using two vertical cathodes over metal web of 8” width.
• Shipped Quantum Efficiency Measurement System, QE 1850 including filtered bias lights to MicroLink Devices, Inc., Niles, IL for their multi-junction GaAs based solar cell program. This system will be instrumental towards developing high conversion efficiency and cost effective solar cells for terrestrial concentrator systems under Solar American Initiative Project awarded recently to MicroLink Devices.
• Shipped Quantum Efficiency Measurement System, Model QE 1400 and sputtering targets to Miasole, California, USA for their CIGS thin film solar cells program.
• ProtoFlex Corporation exhibited at the Society of Vacuum Coaters 50th Annual Technical Conference, Louisville, KY, USA.
• Dr. Pawan Bhat, Chief Technical Officer of ProtoFlex Corporation, presented” "Challenges and Solutions for Manufacturing Lithium-based Solid State Thin Film Batteries."at the Battery Power 2007 conference in Denver, CO, USA.
• Shipped two more roll to roll sputtering systems (FLEX6000 series) to WaveZero, Inc., California, USA for producing RFID tags.
• Shipped a roll to roll sputtering system (FLEX6000 series) to WaveZero, Inc., California, USA for producing RFID tags. This tool is capable of producing metal films using four vertical cathodes at very high deposition rates over a plastic web of 18” width.
• Technology and engineering agreement with Korea Vacuum Ltd signed
• Shipped vacuum components and provided engineering design solutions to Korea Vacuum Ltd., Korea.
• Provided engineering design solutions of large area production magnetron sputtering cathodes (9” x 55”) and Roll to Roll web coater (24” width) to Korea Vacuum Ltd
• Shipped vacuum components and provided engineering design solutions to Korea Vacuum Ltd., Korea, ULET, Korea and Intam, Korea.
• Shipped sputtering targets and vacuum components to ITN Energy systems, Denver, CO USA and Korea Vacuum Ltd., Korea
• Shipped a light source, LS600, to Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA. LS600 is a basic low cost light source using a tungsten halogen lamp for universities and research institutions. The light source system is designed with an intrinsically high optical efficiency for continuous one sun intensity at a low operating power.
• Alpha Optics, Inc., a C-corporation, based in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area was founded in 2001 as a consulting company focused on enabling advanced technologies for thin films